Thursday, September 30, 2010

Christmas...already?

No, I'm not going crazy...at least not any more than I was before.

I know how odd it sounds, but I will randomly break into Christmas songs.  I did that a few nights back, so DH searched on YouTube and brought up The Christmas Can-Can by Straight no Chaser (SNC).  Straight no Chaser is a a cappella group that started at Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana.  They reunited ten years later and after an interesting chain of events, they ended up being asked to do a completely a cappella Christmas CD.  The next year they came out with a second Christmas CD and this year they came out a non-Christams CD (actually, two, but some of the songs are the same on both).

But I digress...after hearing The Christmas Can-Can for the first time this year, it reminded me how much I LOVED this group.  So I've been listening to all of their CD's on their webpage (you can listen to all their CD's using the box on the right hand side of the computer screen).  My favorite is their Christmas Cheers CD.  It has great songs like The Christmas Can-Can and Who Spiked the Eggnog?.  Not to mention, the song that made them famous, The Twelve Days of Christmas.  Of course the other Christmas CD has the live version of The Twelve Days of Christmas along with Indiana Christmas, which I love, considering I live in Indiana.

So I am ready for Christmas when it comes to listening to the songs...But I'll probably still wait until the week before to do all my shopping...

No comments:

Post a Comment