Saturday, September 18, 2010

An amazing God moment

I had to share this.  I was ironing clothes, getting ready for my family sponsored golf tournament, when I just happened to look out my back door.  On my back porch, there were probably about 10 on the porch, with 5 more in the grass (that I could see) birds sitting and eating the seed from the long weedy grass that has started to grow next to our porch.  Since I was finished with DH's shorts, I sat down to watch them.  It was amazing.  These little birds. (either a mockingbird, catbird, or brown thrasher, based off of pictures) would hop up, hold down a long stalk of grass with their feet, and peck the seeds out.  As I was sitting there watching, about 25 of these birds, flew up and moved to a different section of grass.

God amazes me with the wonder of his creation.  We just need to be willing to take the opportunities to sit and watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment